Veggie Burger Recipe
This is a really delicious veggie burger recipe, without any beans! Serve the vegetable burgers on buns with the usual trimmings.
There are some tricks to getting them perfect, though...
- Prepare the burgers the day before, and then refrigerate overnight on baking sheets, covered in baking sheets. This will help keep them together, and some of the moisture from the vegetables will go away.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan well first, but on medium heat. Slide the patties in the pan carefully.
- Only fry a few at a time so the patties are easy to flip.
- Fry the veggie burgers for at least 4 minutes on each side to a golden color. Avoid the temptation to flip them back and forth!
- If you absolutely want to check the color, lift with a spatula and check underneath, then slide back gently in the pan again.
After they are fried like this, they keep together very
can keep them in the fridge if you want for a few days, and warm up in
the oven just before serving.
With a bit or preparation and planning
this veggie burger recipe is easy to make, and taste really, really good- at least this veggie burger top my list so far!
Veggie Burger Recipe without Beans
Image courtesy of divinemisscopa
Here's What You Need
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 6 mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 red or green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 medium potato, grated
- 1 egg white
- Salt and pepper
- Breadcrumbs: Take 3 slices of whole wheat toast, pulse in food processor until you get crumbs.
Here's What You Do
- In a large frying pan heat 1 tbs. olive oil on medium high heat.
cumin and cayenne and cook for 1/2 minute.
- Add garlic, corn, mushrooms,
onions, and bell pepper. Cook and stir for about 3-4 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and stir in spinach, carrot and potato.
- Add egg white and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in bread crumbs.
- Shape mixture into 8 patties and place on baking paper on a plate. Chill overnight or a minimum of 1 hr.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium
heat and a cook veggie burgers a few at the time, until golden on each
side, about 4 min. on each side.