Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers
Vegetarian stuffed peppers is an easy but impressive meal to make. It is a
very satisfying and filling main dish to serve as a healthy dinner or lunch.
Vegetarian Stuffed Peppers Recipe
The peppers are great to serve as they are, either hot or cold.
For a more substantial meal they can be served with mashed potatoes and a tomato sauce for a real comfort food treat. Some steamed green vegetables, or a Greek salad are also nice as side dishes.
For a vegan version of this recipe, replace the cheese with vegan cheese- or use no cheese at all; these stuffed peppers are great also without it.
Here’s What You’ll Need
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- ½ leek, thinly sliced
- ½ cup small peas
- 1 carrot, grated
- 200 g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs. herb salt
- ½ Tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbs. dried basil
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Grated cheese
Here’s What You’ll Do
- Boil the rice according to instructions.
- While the rice cooks, prepare
the vegetables; chop them and gently fry in the oil together with the
- Halve and seed the bell peppers.
- In a large casserole boil
some water, lower the heat and add the bell peppers and boil on low heat
for 5 min until soft.
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 200 C/400 F.
- Drain and place the peppers carefully in an oiled oven proof dish.
- Mix the rice with the vegetables and spoon into the pepper
- Top with cheese, and put in the oven to bake for about 10 min.
until cheese has melted.
- Serve the stuffed peppers with mashed potatoes and tomato sauce for a lovely complete meal.