Healthy Vegetarian Pizza Recipe
Enjoy a healthy and simple vegetarian pizza recipe using whole foods and simple ingredients. Serves plenty, but you can easily double the recipe for a party.
It doesn't have to be complicated to make a vegetarian pizza! In this simple recipe I use whole and healthy ingredients. In the end, this makes for a really tasty vegetable pizza!
Tip: After baking the pizza, cover it loosely with aluminium foil and let it stand for 15 min. This makes the veggies even more tender, and gets the flavors more balanced.
As all pizza, it's really tasty the next day. Even straight out of the fridge or after re-heating slightly.
This is also a great party dish. Simply double the recipe and make two pan pizzas at once with the same effort, for a large crowd!
Vegetarian Pizza Recipe
Here's What You Need
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 package dry yeast
- 3 cups flour (1/3 whole wheat, 2/3 wheat)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato passata (sauce)
- 1 small leek, finely chopped
- 1 small can sweet corn, drained
- 2 cups finely sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 finely sliced paprika
- 2 1/4 cups grated cheese
- 1 Tbs oregano
Here's What You Do
- Mix the flour, salt and dry yeast in a bowl.
- Warm water and oil to lukewarm (about 40C/ 104F) and add to the flour.
- Mix and knead to a dough.
- Cover with a towel and let the dough rise to at least double size.
- Pre-heat the oven to 250C/480F.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- With a rolling pin, roll the dough out to one large, rectangle pizza bottom. Place on baking sheet.
- Pre bake the pizza bottom for about 6-7 min.
- Mix together the tomato paste and tomato passata and spread evenly on the pizza bottom.
- Arrange the leeks, mushrooms, sweet corn and paprika on top.
- Add the cheese, and sprinkle the oregano on top.
- Bake the pizza in 250C / 480F for about 10 min until lightly golden and bubbly.
As all pizza lovers know, pizza is of course a great course by itself. But it's also always tasty served together with a crisp green veggie salad. Leftover wedges of pizza, is also very tasty served with vegetarian soup.