Vegetarian Minestrone Soup
Vegetarian minestrone soup is one of those practical meals where you can basically add anything you have in the refrigerator.
This particular recipe is one we return to over and over again because it is really good. Even on those days when I simply don’t have almost any of the ingredients- it is good anyway!
This heartwarming feel-good soup is best for the cold months, but I served it even in the summer when it was 40C outside!
My son suggested (red in face of the heat) that it might be a
better idea to serve it chilled. And yes- it tastes good chilled as
As a main meal, you could serve this vegetable soup with for
example cheese and red onion pastries, and a nice glass of red wine!
Here's What You Need:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 can tomatoes, liquidized
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ Tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tsp dried basil
- ½ Tsp dried rosemary
- 1 green or red pepper, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 2 cups stock
- 2 Tbs. tomato puree
- 1 oz noodles, spaghetti or short cut macaroni
- ½ Tbs. soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped
Here's What You Do:
- Sauté onion, garlic and celery in the oil in a large sauce pan
until soft but not browned.
- Add the tomatoes, herbs, vegetables,
stock and tomato puree.
- Bring the soup to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 40 min.
in a covered pan.
- Then add the noodles, soy sauce and season to taste
with salt and pepper. Simmer uncovered for 15 min. more.
- Add the parsley
and serve. Serves 4.
Here are some awesome pages for you to see:
Return from Vegetarian Minestrone Soup to Vegetarian Soup Recipes
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Home Page