This 3 layer vegetarian lasagna is both delicious and a quick supper too!
Follow the steps below, and you’ll be done in no time.
Serve the lasagna with a crisp salad for a complete meal.
You can freeze any leftovers.
*For a vegan version you can change the milk and cheese for any vegan substitute, the ricotta is optional.
Here's What You Need:
Here's What You Do:
1. Set the oven to 225C/425F. Lightly oil a Pyrex-form and put 1 layer of lasagna-plates.
2. Put the frozen spinach in a non stick casserole on medium heat to thaw. Meanwhile:
3. Tomato sauce: Heat oil on medium heat in a sauce pan. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Add the canned tomatoes, the broth cube, tomato paste, garlic and oregano. Stir and cook 2 min. Pour on the prepared pasta plates and add another layer of lasagna on top.
2. Add the ricotta or anthotyro to the now thawed spinach, marjoram, oil and salt. Mix and spread on the lasagna. Add another layer of pasta on top.
3. Cheese sauce: Heat the oil in a sauce pan on medium heat, add the flour and stir. Let cook until it starts to bubble a little. Add milk, a little at a time and keep stirring. (Don’t let it burn in the bottom!)
When the sauce thickens, add salt, white pepper, paprika powder. Take it off the heat and blend in the cheese. Pour on top of the lasagna and put it in the oven for 25-30 min. Let it stand for a couple of minutes before digging in. Enjoy!
Here are some of my more popular pages . . .
Get a free bi-weekly newsletter with tips and ideas for vegetarian meals.
Sign up here!