Vegetarian Burger Recipes
Here are a couple of vegetarian burger recipes that are easy, healthy and very tasty.
Image courtesy of Bradley J
Black Bean Burger:
- 2 cans black beans drained and rinsed, or 2 cups boiled (1 cup dried, soaked and boiled is about 2 cups)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- ½ red onion, chopped.
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ cup all purpose whole wheat flour
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbs. fresh herbs like thyme and oregano, chopped, or ½ tbs. dried.
- Process about ½ the beans and ½ tsp. salt until smooth.
- Put in
a bowl and mix in the rest of the beans.
- Gently fry onion, garlic and
cumin in oil until soft and fragrant.
- Add the flour to the onions and stir and cook for a few minutes.
Add to beans and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Form about 6
patties and refrigerate for about one hour (or overnight).
- Mix the rest of the flour with the herbs on a plate. Pre-heat the
oven to 400F/ 200C.
- Press and coat each patty in the flour mixture.
in olive oil in the frying pan on medium-high, about 2 min on each
- Place the patties on baking paper on a tray, and cook in the oven for about 10 min. more.
Serve on hamburger buns with the regular trimmings, or try them with some salsa and guacamole.
1 tbs. olive oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup cooked or canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/3 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbs. chopped parsley
- Heat the oven to 425F/ 225C. In a frying pan, heat oil on
- Add green onions and mushrooms and fry until soft and
- Mix garlic and chickpeas in a blender/food processor until
smooth. (Add a little oil if the mix is too dry.)
- Put the chickpea mix in a bowl and
blend with the fried mushrooms.
- Chop the sunflower seeds coarsely.
- Stir together with the
chickpea mix, salt and pepper parsley and breadcrumbs.
- Shape 8 patties
of the chickpea mixture.
- Put sesame seeds on a plate, press the patties
in the sesame seeds to cover on all sides.
- Place the chickpea burgers on a baking sheet, and broil in the oven
about 1 decimeter/ 4 inches from the heat. About 4 minutes on each
Looking for more vegetarian burger recipes?
The Best Veggie Burger
Veggie Burger Recipe
Thousand Island Dressing
Return from Vegetarian Burger Recipes to Veggie Burgers
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Homepage