Vegan Pumpkin Soup
This is a fantastic, gourmet vegan pumpkin soup that is also easy to make. That it fills your house with a wonderful aroma doesn't hurt either!
Since you will be roasting the pumpkin, it will become beautifully caramelized and the natural sweetness of the fruit will make any additional sweetener unnecessary.
Pure, simple, minimum work and very little cleanup- exactly how I like it! I am all for simple, easy, less of ingredients and less cleanup!
Inspired by the delicious Roasted Pumpkin
Soup Recipe by Donna Hay, I made my own version using
If you are the lucky owner of a Vitamix- this pumpkin soup is even easier to make.
This recipe works fine with
any kind of blender, but you do have to warm it in a pot after mixing it.
Roasted Vegan Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Here is what you need
- 1 butternut pumpkin, washed and sliced in half lengthwise.
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion, washed but not peeled.
- 2,5 cups of water
Here's what to do
- Heat the oven to 220C/375F.
- Wash the pumpkin, slice it in half lengthwise, and scrape
out the seeds.
- Place on a baking tray with
a sheet of baking paper (less cleanup!) cut sides up.
- Sprinkle each pumpkin half
with sea salt and olive oil.
- Place the whole onion in
the middle of the tray as well.
- Bake for 1 hour. (Set the
timer and do something else ; )
- When soft and lightly caramelized, take it out and let cool slightly.
- Scoop out the now tender
pumpkin meat and put in blender or Vitamix. Sqeeze out the soft onion from
inside the skin and add that too to blender. Discard of pumpkin and onion skin.
- Add the water.
- For the Vitamix:
- Put the lid on.
- Start the blender at low
- Slowly increase to 10, then
switch to High speed.
- Leave the Vitamix running
for about 7 min. DONE!
The Soup will be steamy and
hot- and ready! Nothing else to clean up- and you know how easy it is to
"self-clean" the Vitamix. (Just put water and 2 drops of detergent,
variable speed until 7, leave for 1 min. Turn off the Vitamix, rinse:
11. For any blender:
- Add all ingredients, mix until smooth.
- Transfer the soup to a pot.