Homemade Healthy Granola Recipe
Here is a healthy
granola recipe that is way better than store bought versions. Homemade granola is simple and fun to make. It is budget
friendly, and making the granola will fill your kitchen with wonderful
aromas as well!
This is a basic granola recipe that tastes incredible as it is,
but you can personalize it by adding your favorite ingredients, or
whatever you have available. Experiment by adding a few of these
ingredients if you like:
- Coconut flakes
- Dried apples
- Dried apricots
- Dried banana slices
- Dried pineapple chunks
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Oat bran (for more fiber)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 Tbs. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil* (not olive oil) or melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey, or maple syrup*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
Here’s what to do:
- Preheat oven to 300 F/150 C
- Mix all the ingredients except the raisins (or
any dried fruits) with a spoon in a large bowl. Use your hands to rub it
- Spread the granola in a large oven pan. You can
personalize the granola by adding other seeds or nuts if you like; like
sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chopped walnuts or hazelnuts.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes, stir thoroughly every 10 minutes.
- The granola is done when it has a golden brown color, but don’t let it get burned!
- Once ready, take out the pan of the oven and let it cool completely.
- Stir in raisins or any other chopped, dried fruit
you like; like figs, dates, apricots, cranberries, dried apples,
coconut flakes, etc.
- When the granola is completely cool, it is crisp
and not sticky anymore, and you can place the granola in an airtight
container. It can be stored in the fridge for up to several weeks.
Return from Healthy Granola Recipe to Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Home Page