Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe; This is not really a typically Greek dish. It is more of a Greek style pasta recipe. But who cares! It is delicious, healthy and a quick pasta salad to make!
I like to trade the common white pasta for a whole wheat version-
healthier, but the “rustique flavor” is also giving it a more authentic
Greek taste, a bit like my favorite Cretan Rusk Salad.
By adding salt and pepper to the vegetables in advance, the
spices will draw out juice from the vegetables and create a very tasty
This dish is perfect for potluck, as picnic food, on a summer salad buffet or as a side dish for Barbeques.
Greek Pasta Salad:
Here's What You Need:
- 3 large Ripe Tomatoes, cut in chunks
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 larger Red onion, sliced
- 1 cup Feta Cheese
- ½ cup chopped Kalamata olives, squash with the flat side of a wide knife, take out the stone and chop roughly.
- 1 Tbs. Capers
- 2 ½ cups cooked spiral whole wheat pasta
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 4 Tbs. Extra virgin olive oil- or more!
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. Oregano, plus more if you like.
Here's What You Do:
- Boil Pasta according to instructions 8-10 min. Drain and let cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the vegetables together in a salad bowl together with
salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Let sit while the macaroni gets ready to draw out flavor.
with the boiled pasta, crumble the feta cheese on top, and add olives,
capers, vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Sprinkle with some more
oregano on top.
Hungry for more? Here's some more interesting stuff:
Return from Greek Pasta Salad Recipe to Vegetable Salad Recipes
Go to to Vegetarian Recipes Home Page