Creamy Broccoli Soup
This creamy broccoli soup recipe is very kid friendly and among our family’s favorites. It is super quick and easy to make.
My youngest son had decided that he hated broccoli. So I told him
this soup is like spinach soup (not mentioning the word broccoli) and for some reason it
became his favorite soup of all; under the name of “Spinach Soup”.
course, he never really liked real spinach soup …Eventually he learned the secret, but he still likes this soup very much.
You could serve this delicious vegetable soup together with
grilled sandwiches and a mixed vegetable salad for a great vegetarian main meal. The
leftovers will also freeze nicely.
*It is easy to substitute the milk for a
vegan alternative for a vegan soup if you prefer.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup broccoli, cut in smaller pieces
- 1 Tbs. parsley, chopped
- 1 cup milk, or vegan milk.
- Salt and pepper
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Sauté the chopped onion in the olive oil for about 3 min. until soft and translucent. Do not let it brown.
In a medium saucepan bring the vegetable broth to boiling. Reduce the
heat, add the broccoli and let it simmer for 5 min.
- When the broccoli is tender, put it with a slotted spoon in a
food processor or blender, (you don't need all the broth in the blender)
together with onions and parsley.
- Blend until smooth. Pour the blended
vegetable mix back into the broth in the pot.
- Reheat the soup slightly and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the milk just before serving.
Hungry for more? Here are some other great pages:
Return from Creamy Broccoli Soup to Vegetarian Soup Recipes
Go to Vegetarian Recipes Homepage