Easy Sweet Corn Salad Recipe
This is a corn salad recipe that is perfect for any kind of salad buffet, picnic, grill parties, potluck dinners or just as a great side dish. It's really simple and quick to make too!
The recipe is calculated for 4 servings, but you can simply double it for a crowd.
Corn salad is loved by all ages!
This simple salad is done in no time at all, but it is tastier to
refrigerate the salad for about 20 min before serving to let the flavors
If you don't have the time for (or available) using fresh corn, I recommend frozen corn kernels.
They are much tastier and crunchier than canned, almost like fresh. However, canned works fine as well.
You can store the leftovers for 3-4 days in the fridge. Actually, the salad tastes even better the day after!
Sweet Corn Salad Recipe
Here's What You Need
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels, or 1 can drained sweet corn kernels
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 green or red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh basil leaves, chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Here's What You Do
- If you use frozen corn, put the corn in a sauce pan, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Immediately take the pan off the heat and let stand for 1-2 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Refrigerate the corn salad for about 20 min.
- Use halved cherry tomatoes for a sweeter taste and prettier look.
- Try chopped cilantro instead of basil, and add a drained can of
black beans plus 1 tsp cumin for a Mexican style corn and black bean
- For a lovely appetizer you can scoop out half a tomato and fill it with corn salad. Looks great too!
Health Benefits of Corn
There are plenty of health benefits of corn. To name just a few; corn
- lowers the risk of colon cancer
- improves bone strength
- is a rich source of vitamins and minerals
- and boosts your immune system.
And make sure to always cook corn. Cooking actually increases the antioxidant activity, which helps fighting against cancer and heart disease.
More Tasty Vegetarian Recipes
Vegetarian Salad Recipes
Corn Salad Recipe